This article will lead you through the installation process of GExtension.
First, you have to install the GExtension webpanel (GMOD Web).
- Download the installation files from GmodStore
- Edit config.php
- Protocol: 'http' or 'https'. Only use 'https' if you have a valid SSL certificate.
- SteamAPI: Key: Get your API Key from Steam
- Timezone: Select the correct timezone from this site
- MySQL: Insert IP, port, user, password and database
- SMTP (optional): Insert mailserver, port, username, password, alias, security and method. You can use outlook.com if you do not have your own mailserver.
For default PHP:
chown -R www-data:www-data /path/to/gextension/ chmod -R 770 /path/to/gextension/
For PHP FastCGI/FPM:
chown -R <CGI-USER>:www-data /path/to/gextension/ chmod -R 770 /path/to/gextension/
Attention: Your players may lose their groups if you do not follow the instructions under "Groups and Bans"
After installing the web part, you can now install the Lua addon.
- Open the GExtension webpanel (GMOD Web) with your webbrowser
- Click on the bullhorn (further named "Admin") -> Settings -> Update
- Click on the "Lua" button and save the ZIP file
- Extract the files to a local folder and navigate to "gextension/lua/gextension/config/"
- Edit sh_config.lua to your needs. Required: WebURL
- Edit sv_config.lua and insert your MySQL data (same that you used for GMOD Web)
- Upload the folder into your server's addon folder
- Install tMySQL or MySQLoo
- Restart your server and connect
The Lua installation is now finished and you should see that GExtension has connected to the database in the console. But to work correctly, you now need to assign your server to a serverbundle.
- Open GMOD Web with your webbrowser
- Navigate to Admin -> Settings -> Servers
- Create a new serverbundle with a fitting name (for example "TTT") and select your server
- After five seconds, you can see in the console, that the server found the bundle
Groups and Bans
Go to Admin -> Settings -> Groups and create all groups you have in GMOD with the EXACT SAME name.
Import users/bans from ULX or ServerGuard
Make these steps before players connect to your server. Import:ULX-ServerGuard